The following information is required when applying for a grant:
- Please supply details of your organisation’s strategy and objectives. Only projects that reflect the two main aims of Avonbrook – to support the recruitment, training and retention of professional teachers and to aim to improve vocational and post-school education and training for children – will be considered for funding.
- If you are a registered non-governmental organisation please supply your latest annual report, accounts and evidence of NGO registration.
- If you are a non-registered school or project you must nominate a partner NGO or other organisation and provide the annual reports and accounts of your nominated partner.
- You will need to supply references from an independent registered body that supports your application.
- An overview description of your organisation and the suggested project, along with details of any similar projects you have undertaken.
- You will need to declare inputs (funds required) and outputs (e.g. number of people/teachers trained).
- A detailed timeline, costing and plan for spending Avonbrook funds.
- You will need to identify demand for the proposal from the local stakeholders and detail how your ogranisation will help them.
- A proposal as to how Avonbrook funds will be used to best effect and how any risks of funding being misused will be minimised.
- Identify risks or potential failures. (A failure to do this accurately may effect long-term funding and/or the success of further applications).
- Identify other potential funders, should the project require a large grant or long-term funding.
- In cases where you believe the project to be of vital need and a grant indispensable, ideally you will indicate a willingness to commit a percentage of your own resources to help fund the project.